Read, remember, repeat. These are the seven rules to using computers. Think of it as a cheatsheet, if you will — one to be shared with every novice computer user you know. Recall everyone who has ever bothered you with a simple computer question, people who are incapable of using Google to troubleshoot their own computer issues, and share this infograph with them.
Click to enlarge.
- Use only one antivirus software.
- Always update your antivirus definitions.
- Be mindful of your browsing habits and what you download from the Internet.
- Delete emails from unrecognised senders, and those containing dangerous unknown attachments.
- If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.
- Unless you know what you’re doing, don’t try and fix a broken computer yourself.
- Back up your data.