Rough and stressful days are quite a common phenomenon for most of us. We know we need to slow down, take a breath, but it is hard to know how and even harder to get started. For that purpose, here is a list of 30 simple daily tips that will help you relax, one step at a time.
Try to implement these suggestions for at least one month, integrate them into your daily routine, until you don't even have to think about them. Suddenly, you may realize you got a lot more relaxed in your day to day.
1. Get into a rhythm. Energetic music increases the flow of blood and oxygen in the body, which does wonders for the heart. But if you are feeling stressed and worried, it might be better to listen to some slower music that will slow the blood flow and will allow you to feel relaxed.
2. Ohm meditation can reduce the blood pressure as well as the risk of heart disease by 47%. Research from 2009 found that people who meditated for 3 months felt less anxious, angry and depressed than those who did not.
3. Fetus position. Stop for five minutes in the hustle and bustle of the day and go into a fetal or mouse position. Close your eyes and allow yourselves to relax and let go.
4. Laughter is the best medicine. Take some time every day to laugh at something. Share a funny memory or a funny joke. Watch a funny movie. The relaxing effect will be felt immediately.
5. With more than 7000 nerve endings in your hands and feet, a visit to the beauty salon may provide you with some relief, not only a pretty look.
6. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day!
7. Borrowing in the sheets provides a whole row of health benefits, including better confidence and less stress. It releases endorphin and promotes good, sound sleep.
8. Stop being obsessive about tasks and schedules. The world won't come to an end if you forgot to do the dishes today.
9. Yoga postures that focus on bending the back and opening the chest, allow oxygen to flow more freely to the lungs, thus reducing heartbeat and blood pressure.
10. Dark chocolate is good not only for the heart, but can also be a relaxing treatment of stress. A swiss research found that a small amount of dark chocolate a day reduces high levels of stress hormones among an anxious group of participants.
11. Today, remind yourselves to breath!
12. Get a good massage. Not only does is promote deep relaxation but also strengthens the immunity system and helps release the muscles.
13. It's ok to cry. Today let the tears flow. Most people admit they feel better after crying.
14. Have a long bath with some scents and oils. It will definitely make you feel better.
15. Go outside and sit on the grass for a while.
Surround yourselves with blue. Paint a room, buy some blue clothes. Blue has been found to be the most relaxing of all the colors.
17. Settle a dispute. It feels good to help others let go of their anger.
18. Schedule a break. Take a break during work and don't do anything with it but closing your eyes and relaxing.
19. Make one step at a time. If the list of tasks looks long, focus on one thing only on the list and ask yourselves: “What is the one thing I can do right now?"
20. The fleshy part between the index finger and the thumb is called by chinese medicine: "hoku". Press it strongly for about 30 seconds to reduce stress and tension in the upper body.
21. Research shows that a lack of omega-3 in the body, fatty acids and essential vitamins can cause mood swings. Today, try to eat a Mediterranean meal and see the difference.
22. Today do something fun and different. Join a course, take a new route home or just treat yourself to something you usually don't.
23. Today, allow yourself at least a few hours of no phones, no internet, no communication of any kind. Learn to be disconnected sometimes.
24. Today, invest in at least one strong embrace!
25. Plan a fun and special weekend for you to go on soon.
26. A good nap. Pressure can be caused by sleepless nights. Today, allow yourself a 30 minute nap in the middle of the day.
27. Find another place besides work and home to visit today!
28. Research shows that the simple act of smiling makes us feel happier. Yes, even fake smiling.
29. Start a 'worry journal'. Open a notebook and write all the bad thoughts going around your head. A worry journal will allow you to focus on the stressors and wipe them out.
30. Take today to appreciate what you have and encourage yourselves. This will make it easier to start all the tips again next month!