| How to Protect and Heal Your Liver!|
Located just below the rib cage to our left, our liver plays a crucial role in the digestion of food and many other functions in the body, such as producing bile which reduces the amount of fat in the body. It maintains our sugar, fat and iron levels in the body and is also involved in the production of protein.
Liver diseases are a group of disorders, infections and medical conditions that affect the liver tissue and its structure, and may cause damage or stop its functioning all together.
Common symptoms of liver disease:
Main Causes of Liver Disease:
- Lack of night sleep (sleeping more in the moning, less at night).
- High consumption of food in one sitting
- Not urinating in the morning
- Consuming too many artifical preservatives and sweeteners.
- Consuming fried foods when tired.
- Being infected with Hepatitis A, B or E.
- Autoimmune diseases that attack liver cells and cause inflammation
- Alcohol abuse can directly cause liver inflammation.
Recommended Home Remedies for Treating Liver Disease:
Dandelion Root Tea
One of the best home remedies for liver disease, you can make tea our of dandelion leaves twice a day. For even better results, you can boil some roots of the dandelion and boil them in water.
This remedy can be very effective in dealing with liver disorders. Consume about 850 ml of milk thistle twice a day with food. This will keep your liver in good condition and also supply relief for certain liver problems. Studies have shown that this can be a very effective agent against such problems as cirrhosis, hepatitis (viral), high toxicity and more.
Besides being a fantastic source for vitamin C, which helps keep your liver healthy, it is known that gooseberries help protect your liver. It is recommended to eat about 5-6 raw gooseberries every day or add them to food (salads, for example). Recent studies have shown that consuming the Indian gooseberry leads to an improvement of the liver function caused by a normalization of the liver-specific enzyme alanine transaminase.
Turmeric, or better yet its active ingredient, curcumin, is well known for its antioxidant and antiseptic properties. Consuming turmeric or adding it to foods on a regular basis will keep your liver in good condition. Studies have shown that turmeric can protect the liver from the viruses that causes hepatitis A, B and E. You can add it to food, milk or just take 1/2 a tablespoon of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of honey once a day.
The papaya fruit is really good at getting rid of liver disorders. It also offers good relief to those who suffer from liver cirrhosis. Consume one teaspoon of lemon juice with 3 teaspoons of papaya juice once a day and repeat for 4-6 weeks in order to cure the condition.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
This is a cleansing remedy will help flush out the toxins from inside the liver. Take it before meals to help maintain a healthy level of fat in the body.
Take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a glass of water, then add one teaspoon of honey and mix again. Drink this 3 times a day to really cleanse your liver.
A few more tips for taking care of your liver:
- Drink green tea every day. It contains catechins which aid the function of the liver.
- Physical activity, even mild, will reduce your toxin levels through sweat and by keeping your body fit.
- Drink a lot of water, it is always a healthy choice and it will flush out the toxins from your system.
- Eating apples and leafy vegetables is a good idea, as they too help flush out
toxins from the body.
- Avoid alcohol like the plague.
- Avocados and walnuts also offer protection against liver disorders.
Monday, April 27, 2015
PROTECTING YOUR LIVER
By Joel Lee In 2017, one year shy of its 20th anniversary, Netflix announced that it had passed a new milestone: Netflix now has 10...
A mushroom-shaped tree 1 A tree in Ficus, Philippines 2 Young mango trees under water 3 The baobab trees...