Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wonders of Rwanda!




The new mega building

Our almost one hour flight from Entebbe to Kigali was uneventful. Small plane, but well navigated. This time I did not spend endless minutes at the immigration bargaining for a visa. I had got one at the embassy in Kampala. I went through smoothly, it is only the luggage that took a couple of minutes to arrive.

Just as I was on my way out, one security guy asked me whether I hadn’t seen a notice prohibiting plastic bags (Buveera)! I had seen something like that, but I didn’t expect the duty free bag to be a problem. I had bought a few items for some friends in Kigali from the duty free shop in Entebbe. The guy was adamant, showed me a bin where I had to deposit the plastic bag. He didn’t care if I threw away whatever was inside, or I carry it in my hands. I realised that was what they call enforcement. I was happy for Rwanda.

I was taken to my usual Hotel. The next morning on the way to work, a foundation I left being built in January was already a massive building housing a library. I was wowed; within a period of a couple of months a nice structure was already up!


A drinking joint nearby

No comments:

Stream for free

I was written to because I cited Roku on  this page  at Balunywa Bytes.  Here at KillTheCableBill.com, we're helping people beat inflati...